Services & Functions
The Town Clerk’s Office maintains the official records of the Town and serves as the custodian of the Town Seal.
- Maintains the Official Records of the Town
- Serves as the Liaison to the Mayor and Town Council
- Prepares Council Meeting Agendas and Meeting Packet Material
- Maintains the Town Code
- Assists the Supervisors of Elections with Town Elections
- Serves as the Website Editor
- Issues Building, POD/Dumpster, Block Party and Vendor Permits
- Provides Support and Assistance to All Administrative Departments of the Town
- Serves as the Town’s General Point of Contact for the Public
- Oversees the Town Shuttle Bus Operations and Maintenance
- Responds to Public Information Act Requests
The Town Clerk is also a notary and may be available to notarize documents for the general public. Please speak with staff in the Clerk's office, or call 301-927-4262, to check availability. State law allows notaries to charge a fee of $4 per signature.