- Departments & Staff
- Core Values
The University Park Police Department will work in partnership with our citizens providing a safe environment; enhancing the quality of life consistent with the values of our community. We will adhere to values of:
The mission will be accomplished by:
- Deploying officers to maintain a sense of order in the Town of University Park
- Enforcing applicable laws and ordinances in the Town of University Park
- Preventing, detecting and deterring criminal activity within the Town of University Park
- Protecting the town resources
The University Park Police Department will foster a relationship with the citizens of the Town that is rooted in mutual trust, respect, and pride. We will strive to value the dignity and rights of all the people with whom we interact in creating an environment where responsibility and service reflect justice and equity. We pledge to provide determination, inspiration, and compassion to fulfill the mission of the Department.
Organizational ethics exemplify the essence of the University Park Police Department and are crucial attributes most important to individuals; the community and the police department. These ethical values are the foundation upon which makes decisions and each one builds on the others.
- Community drives everything that we strive for. We work with a diverse community as a part of our team. Through open, timely and effective communication, a clear understanding of direction is established and maintained.
- Integrity is essential to the foundation of this agency. Officers are committed to honesty in thought and deed in both their personal and official life. All of our decisions will be based on this important quality. Without integrity, public faith and public trust are not attainable.
- Respect is a commitment to excellence. We honor the badge and the profession by never allowing our decisions be affected by personal feelings; prejudices; animosities or friendships. The respect is the core of human decency; a respect of the natural environment protects our resources for current and future generations.
Law Enforcement Code of Ethics
All officers of the University Park Police Department will abide by the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics as published by the International Association of Chiefs of Police.
"As a law enforcement officer, my fundamental duty is to serve humankind; to safeguard lives and property, to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the constitutional rights of all people to liberty, equality and justice."
"I will keep my private life unsullied as an example to all; maintain courageous calm in the face of danger, scorn or ridicule; develop self-restraint; and be constantly mindful of the welfare of others. Honest in thought and deed in both my personal and official life, I will be exemplary in obeying the laws of the land and the regulations of my department. Whatever I see or hear of a confidential nature, or that is confided to me in my official capacity will be kept ever secret, unless revelation is necessary in the performance of my duty."
"I will never act officiously or permit personal feelings, prejudices, animosities or friendships to influence my decisions. With no compromise for crime and with relentless prosecution of criminals, I will enforce the law courteously and appropriately without fear or favor, malice or ill will, never employing unnecessary force or violence and never accepting gratuities."
"I recognize the badge of my office as a symbol of public faith and I accept it as a public trust to be held so long as I am true to the ethics of police service. I will constantly strive to achieve these objectives and ideals, dedicating myself before God to my chosen profession…law enforcement."