- Departments & Staff
- Public Works
- Snow & Winter Operations
Snow & Winter Operations
Keep Streets Clear of Parked Vehicles
When there is a chance of snow, please use driveways or garages to park your vehicles. With fewer vehicles parked on Town streets, our public works crew is able to clear them of ice and snow more effectively. For safety reasons, please limit activity in the streets when public works crews are plowing.
Residents are requested to keep their sidewalks and front walks free of snow and ice. Please clear sidewalks within 24 hours after a snowfall.
Snow Event Parking
If you are unable to utilize off-street parking, please follow the recommended guidelines below:
Both Sides - No Parking
The Mews and Queens Chapel Road from 6400 to 6700 blocks (Queens - change from previous plan)
Creekside - No Parking
Odd Number Sides - No Parking
- 40th Avenue
- 41st Avenue
- Beechwood Road, 3900 through 4300 blocks
- Calverton Drive
- Oakridge Road
- Queens Chapel Road, the 6300 block (change from previous plan)
- Sheridan Street
- Tennyson Road
- Tuckerman Street
- Underwood Street, 3900 through 4300 blocks
Even Number Side - No Parking
- 42nd Avenue
- 43rd Avenue
- 44th Avenue
- Beechwood Road, 4400 block
- Chansory Lane
- Clagett Road
- College Heights Drive
- Forest Hill Drive
- Holly Hill Road
- Underwood Street, 4400 block
- Van Buren Street
- Woodberry Street
Town Shuttle Bus Winter Conditions Policy
Town Shuttle Bus operations to and from Metro during winter weather conditions will seek to parallel the operating status of federal government offices in the area. Please follow news media reports regarding the operating status of federal government offices within the Washington Beltway as the best indicator of whether the Town Shuttle Bus is operating.
Bus status recording will be updated as needed due to changing conditions:
- If federal government offices are closed due to winter conditions, the Town Shuttle Bus will not operate.
- If federal government offices are open, even if on delayed arrival, the Town Shuttle Bus will operate on its established route and schedule so long as the conditions are deemed safe by the Town.
- If federal government offices are open and announce early dismissal, the Town Shuttle Bus will operate on its established route and schedule so long as the conditions are deemed safe by the Town.
In inclement weather, call the Town Bus status line at 240-297-8287 to learn if the bus is operating.