Tuesday, September 5th
Honoring Two Residents
The Council will meet this Tuesday evening, September 5th, at 7:30 p.m. via Zoom and phone dial-in. To attend the virtual meeting, please see the connection information at the bottom of this message.
At the beginning of this upcoming meeting, we will honor two individuals with formal resolutions:
1. Art Garroway who served faithfully as a crossing guard at the University Park Elementary School every school day for the past 4 years, and
2. Adam Greenspan whose alertness and immediate response to a house fire on Underwood Street enabled firefighters to quickly contain the fire and whose efforts on the scene before firefighters arrived prevented the fire from further spreading in the community.
Other major items on the agenda include:
1. A second reading of an ordinance for parking restrictions on Wells Parkway near the playground and restricting EV parking.
2. A second reading for updated park hours.
3. A second reading regarding pedestrian bridge appropriations.
4. Consideration of a contract for programming review and a space study for the Town Hall renovation.
5. Consideration of a letter to be sent to Prince George's County officials on the persistent water quality issues in Wells Run.
You can read more about the upcoming meeting on the Town's Agenda Center Website at this link.