Council Meeting This Monday
The Council will meet this Monday evening, December 20, beginning at 7:30 p.m. The Council meeting will be conducted entirely remotely with no in-person meeting attendance. Join the meeting as noted in the Zoom and other connection information. The Agenda for the meeting, including many supporting details, is posted via the Agenda Center on the Town's website (http://www.upmd.org/agendacenter). I urge you to review the full Agenda of the meeting for items of interest to you.
Items on the Council Agenda include:
Consent Agenda -- There are 2 items on the Consent Agenda. Consult the Agenda for details.
Public CommentMayor, Council and Committee Comments and ReportsNew Business
- Waterproof a basement at 6518 40th Avenue
- Install a handrail at 4301 Underwood Street
- Introduction of a Legislative Resolution to amend Town Code Chapters One and Two.
- Introduction of a Legislative Resolution to amend Town Code Chapter Three.
- Introduction of a Legislative Resolution to amend Town Code Chapter Four.
- Allocation of ARPA funds to non-profits
- Discussion of recording meetings versus taking minutes for committee meetings
Town Administrator and Staff reports
The Council meeting will be conducted entirely remotely with no in-person meeting attendance. To join the Council meeting through a video conference, please use the link below.
Participants who join the video/audio conference will be muted during the meeting except for Mayor, Council, and staff. Participants can turn their video on during the meeting, so we can all see each other, or can turn it off if they would rather. Participants will have the opportunity to speak during Public Comment - agenda item #8. During that time, all participants will be taken off mute. If you would like to comment, please state your name and Mayor Carey will call on you to speak. Public comments will be limited to three minutes.
Public comments or questions may also be made by emailing the Town Clerk TC Hegeman at email@example.com. All electronic comments must be submitted by 12 p.m. on December 20, 2021. Comments received will be read by the Town Clerk during public comment.
Please share this with neighbors who may not be on the Mayor’s email list. University Park residents wishing to be added to this list or removed from it can subscribe or unsubscribe via the Notify Me feature on the Town website at www.upmd.org. You may email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With best regards,
Lenford C. Carey
Mayor, Town of University Park
(240) 338-2826 – Cellular is best, as I am teleworking
(301) 927-4262, Extension 100 - Office