Here is an update on the recent homicide in University Park:
- The shooting happened in University Park, on Underwood Street between 40th and 41st Avenues. This location is just off Adelphi Road. After being shot, the victim’s auto crashed into a tree along Underwood Street nearer 40th Avenue.
- This was not a random shooting. It appears the shooter and the victim knew each other.
- University Park Police responded about 2:35 p.m. on Wednesday, November 17.
- The victim was a 19-year-old male resident of the Lewisdale neighborhood – East of Riggs Road and South of University Boulevard.
- Prince George’s County Police continue to investigate the homicide.
- University Park Police Department patrols are being supplemented with additional patrols by Police Officers from the Town of Forest Heights and City of Hyattsville assisting University Park Police.
- We will issue additional updates via the Mayor’s list when additional information becomes available.
- We will plan to hold a virtual Town Hall forum after Thanksgiving and when we can further discuss this homicide.
Please share this with neighbors who may not be on the Mayor’s email list. University Park residents wishing to be added to this list or removed from it can subscribe or unsubscribe via the Notify Me feature on the Town website at www.upmd.org. You may email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With best regards,
Lenford C. Carey
Mayor, Town of University Park
(240) 338-2826 – Cellular is best, as I am teleworking
(301) 927-4262, Extension 100 - Office