Council Meeting This Monday
The Council will meet this Monday evening, November 1, beginning at 7:30 p.m. The Council meeting will be conducted entirely remotely with no in-person meeting attendance. Join the meeting as noted in the Zoom and other connection information. The Agenda for the meeting, including many supporting details, is posted via the Agenda Center on the Town's website (http://www.upmd.org/agendacenter). I urge you to review the full Agenda of the meeting for items of interest to you.
Items on the Council Agenda include:
Consent Agenda -- There are 4 items on the Consent Agenda. Consult the Agenda for details.
- Replace an existing porch and deck at 6602 Queens Chapel Road
- Install a 12’ x 16’ shed at 6604 Wells Parkway
- Enclose an existing breezeway and enclose a rear entry at 7008 40th Avenue
- Install a 6’ rear yard fence at 6605 Wells Parkway
- Washington Suburban Sanitary Commission for sewer rehabilitation work in the Town’s right-of-way on about 1.25 miles of Town streets, and to authorize an MOU for compensation in lieu of resurfacing.
- Building permit with variance for a non-conforming 6’ side-yard fence at 6605 Wells Parkway.
Mayor, Council and Committee Comments and Reports
- Approve development of RFP to solicit architectural/engineering services to present options and lay out plans for improvements of the Town Hall property.
- Amend Fiscal Year 2022 Budget to authorize use of ARPA funds for premium pay of Town employees.
Town Administrator reports
The Council meeting will be conducted entirely remotely with no in-person meeting attendance. To join the Council meeting through a video conference, please use the link below.
Participants who join the video/audio conference will be muted during the meeting except for Mayor, Council, and staff. Participants can turn their video on during the meeting, so we can all see each other, or can turn it off if they would rather. Participants will have the opportunity to speak during Public Comment - agenda item #6. During that time, all participants will be taken off mute. If you would like to comment, please state your name and Mayor Pro Tempore Biermann will call on you to speak. Public comments will be limited to three minutes.
Public comments or questions may also be made by emailing the Town Clerk Andrea Marcavitch at firstname.lastname@example.org. All electronic comments must be submitted by 12 p.m. on November 1, 2021. Comments received will be read by the Town Clerk during public comment.
Please share this with neighbors who may not be on the Mayor’s email list. University Park residents wishing to be added to this list or removed from it can subscribe or unsubscribe via the Notify Me feature on the Town website at www.upmd.org. You may email me directly at email@example.com.
With best regards,
Lenford C. Carey
Mayor, Town of University Park
(240) 338-2826 – Cellular is best, as I am teleworking
(301) 927-4262, Extension 100 - Office