The Council will meet this Monday evening, November 16, beginning at 7:30 p.m. The Council meeting will be conducted entirely remotely with no in-person meeting attendance. To attend the virtual meeting, please see the Zoom and other connection information below.
Presentation -- Audit Report
Ms. Aliesha Scarlett, CPA, CFE of Lindsey & Associates will discuss the Fiscal Year 2020 Audit Report for the Town.
Other significant items on the Council Agenda include:
- Consent Agenda -- There are 2 items on the Consent Agenda – to replace a deck at 6910 40th Avenue, and to install a new fence at 6906 Pineway. Please consult the Agenda for details.
- Building Permit – To remove a 4’ retaining wall and reinstall a 22” x 34’ retaining wall, adjust front-yard slope to ensure stability, and to connect drainage pipes under the sidewalk to outfall into the gutter at 6804 40th Avenue.
- Adopting a Climate Action Framework -- Adoption of a Legislative Resolution adopting a climate action framework for the purpose of systematically and deliberately integrating the goals of reducing greenhouse gas emissions and increasing resilience to climate change into every Town decision concerning any substantial proposed policy or action or purchase, and of ensuring that the Mayor, Council, staff, and residents understand the extent to which the Town, by its decision, will contribute to either worsening or mitigating climate change
- Municipal Government Works Month -- Adoption of a Legislative Resolution declaring November 2020 as Municipal Government Works Month.
I urge you to review the full Agenda of the meeting for items of interest to you. The Agenda for the meeting is posted via the Agenda Center on the Town's website (http://www.upmd.org/agendacenter).
The Council meeting will be conducted entirely remotely with no in-person meeting attendance. To join the Council meeting through a video conference, please use the link below.
Join Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86081482400?pwd=ZldlV0FtcFEvQXZkcVhQNjQ1VmJodz09
To join with audio only, dial: (301) 715-8592
Meeting ID: 860 8148 2400
Participants who join the video/audio conference will be muted and video turned off during the meeting except for Mayor, Council, and staff. Participants will have the opportunity to speak during Public Comment - agenda item #6. During that time, all participants will be taken off mute. If you would like to comment, please state your name and Mayor Carey will call on you to speak. Public comments will be limited to three minutes.
Public comments or questions may also be made by emailing the Town Clerk Andrea Marcavitch at firstname.lastname@example.org. All electronic comments must be submitted by 6 p.m. on November 16, 2020. Comments received will be read by the Town Clerk during public comment.
Please share this with neighbors who may not be on the Mayor’s email list. University Park residents wishing to be added to this list or removed from it can subscribe or unsubscribe via the Notify Me feature on the Town website at www.upmd.org. You may email me directly at email@example.com.
With best regards,
Lenford C. Carey
Mayor, Town of University Park
(240) 338-2826 – Cellular is best, as I am teleworking
(301) 927-4262, Extension 100 -- office