The Council will meet this Monday evening, November 2, beginning at 7:30 p.m. The Council meeting will be conducted entirely remotely with no in-person meeting attendance. To attend the virtual meeting, please see the Zoom and other connection information below.
Significant items on the Council Agenda include:
- Consent Agenda: There are 3 items on the Consent Agenda -- for projects at 6706 40th Avenue, 4317 Woodberry Street, and 4413 Van Buren Street. Please consult the Agenda for details.
- No-parking Zones -- Adoption of amendments to the Code of Ordinances to establish additional no parking zones on Tennyson Road, and limited duration no parking zones to coincide with leaf collection season on 40th and 41st Avenues and Tennyson Road.
- Recodifying the Town Code -- Adoption of a Legislative Resolution to recodify the Town of University Park Code with no substantive changes and to include grammatical changes, and renumbering of chapter, articles, and sections.
- Gratitude for Community Service -- Resolution proclaiming gratitude to resident Lidia Baker for service to our community helping serve those with food insecurity issues during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Zoning Map Amendment Testimony -- Authorize the Mayor and Town Attorney to send a letter to District Council requesting a change of the proposed zone designation of the Town Park from Ag-Res to Reserved Open Space and to authorize the Mayor and Town Attorney to provide testimony at the November 19 public hearing.
I urge you to review the full Agenda of the meeting for items of interest to you. The Agenda for the meeting is posted via the Agenda Center on the Town's website (http://www.upmd.org/agendacenter).
The Council meeting will be conducted entirely remotely with no in-person meeting attendance. To join the Council meeting through a video conference, please use the link below.
Join Meeting: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86550086810?pwd=S2xxd2hXcnIvNEl0WEN0SzFGb0QvZz09
To join with audio only, dial: (301) 715-8592
Meeting ID: 865 5008 6810
Participants who join the video/audio conference will be muted and video turned off during the meeting except for Mayor, Council, and staff. Participants will have the opportunity to speak during Public Comment - agenda item #6. During that time, all participants will be taken off mute. If you would like to comment, please state your name and Mayor Carey will call on you to speak. Public comments will be limited to three minutes.
Public comments or questions may also be made by emailing the Town Clerk Andrea Marcavitch at email@example.com. All electronic comments must be submitted by 6 p.m. on November 2, 2020. Comments received will be read by the Town Clerk during public comment.
Please share this with neighbors who may not be on the Mayor’s email list. University Park residents wishing to be added to this list or removed from it can subscribe or unsubscribe via the Notify Me feature on the Town website at www.upmd.org. You may email me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
With best regards,
Lenford C. Carey
Mayor, Town of University Park
(240) 338-2826 – Cellular is best, as I am teleworking
(301) 927-4262, Extension 100 -- office